on August 15, 2011
The following steps will allow you to configure your parent navigation (nav) menu links so that clicking them does not take a user anywhere. This is useful when the page the parent links to has no content, but the pages the children link to have important content.
- Upload the Page Links To plugin for WordPress. You can download the plugin and upload it via FTP or you can upload the plugin directly in the WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New > Search for “Page Links To” in the “Search Plugins” area of the page. Once you have located the plugin, click upload.
- Once uploaded, activate the Page Links To plugin for use
- Open the page or post corresponding to the parent link.
- The “Page Links To” section will be located the bottom of each page or post.
- To make the parent unclickable, enter “#” without quotes into the “Point to this URL:” text field.
- Save the page / post.
Have a look at the nav menu on your WordPress blog. If you have followed the above steps properly, your parent navigation menu item is not clickable.